Green building (also known as green construction or sustainable building) refers to both a structure and the using of processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building's life-cycle: from siting to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation, and demolition. In other words, green building design involves finding the balance between homebuilding and the sustainable environment. With the trend of the Green Building Technology, IEQ Engineering has worked closely cooperation with the architects, the design engineers, and the client at all project stages complements the classical building design concerns of economy, utility, durability, and comfort.
Underfloor air distribution (UFAD) is a method of delivering space conditioning in offices and other commercial buildings that is increasingly being considered as a serious alternative to conventional ceiling-based air distribution systems because of the significant benefits that it can provide. This technology uses the open space (underfloor plenum) between the structural concrete slab and the underside of a raised access floor system to deliver conditioned air directly into the occupied zone of the building. Air can be delivered through a variety of supply outlets located at floor level (most common), or as part of the furniture and partitions. UFAD systems have several potential advantages over traditional overhead systems, including improved thermal comfort, improved indoor air quality, and reduced energy use. By combining a building's heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) system with all major power, voice, and data cabling into one easily accessible service plenum under the raised floor, significant improvements can be realized in terms of increased flexibility and reduced costs associated with reconfiguring building services. These raised floor systems are particularly appropriate for office buildings housing today's businesses with their typically extensive use of information technologies and high churn rates.
Solar energy is a mature technology with the potential to play a large part in solving the challenge of climate change. Solar energy can supply much of the electricity that home owners or businesses need.
• Good investment: Buying a solar system makes financial sense with a short payback time and good return on investment in countries that provide feed-in tariff or tax-credits and other incentives.
• Reliable: Solar panels are easy to install, require little maintenance and come with a 25-year linear power output warranty.
• Energy independence potential: Consuming electricity where it is produced.
• Environmentally friendly: People want to preserve the earth’s resources and reduce pollution; buying a solar system contributes to protecting the environment.
• Solar is the fastest growing energy source in the world. It’s more affordable, more efficient, and more reliable than ever.